- This event has passed.
Tuesday 20th December 2022 @ 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Food, drink, games, music, general jollity
Update 15th December
Christmas Party Night, 20th December, is taking shape, and you have a part to play, so before I send out the full details here’s an early warning of your part in proceedings:
- Nobody’s washing up, so you need to bring your own supplies of eating and drinking equipment - and take it away afterwards. Plate, knife, fork, glass, mug . . .
- Hot food will be laid on, but we’d love to see some tarts, pies etc. Show off either your baking skills or your purchasing power. We aim for many people bringing modest amounts - you don’t need to feed the whole party.
- Booze and soft drinks: BYOB is the watchword. We’ll supplement your offerings with our remaining supplies of beer*, Coke and Fanta, and we will lay on a little wine, but if you have a particular preference then please bring it along.
- Secret Santa: please read Ireen’s email on this (below) – you have all weekend to cruise the markets and malls!
- Wear something festive, and above all enjoy the evening!
* mostly the dozen bottles of African stuff left over from Lynn and Kayode’s presentation in June – sorry, the really nice Nigerian Guinness all went .
Full programme to follow.
Ireen's Secret Santa email
Different COPSErs will be adding to different parts of the party. The following might be something some of you would like to be involved in.
We've had "Secret Santa" pressies in the past but some folk prefer not to have individuals' names to be bought for. Consequently, if you would like to gain a surprise gift this year, simply buy something that you think would suit anyone of your gender. (I hope that doesn't add complications!) If you are a man, buy for a man, if you are a woman, buy for a woman. The suggestion is to purchase anything that might be nice for someone else in said category to receive but costing only £3 to £5. Bring the wrapped pressie, pass it to me and you will be given a ticket to show you are "in" the process and "Mother Christmas" will give you something else in return, during the evening. (Do please get in touch, if I have failed to clearly convey the idea!)
Happy times ahead - party on!