- This event has passed.
Val Thorens Ski Week
Saturday 27th January to Saturday 3rd February
We have special dispensation to stay at Val Thorens UCPA , a French outdoor sports organisation for younger people (and young at heart).
What they offer:
Expert tuition with English speaking instructors is included. Full board – you can come back for lunch. An exciting, large modern centre, full board buffet style restaurant, large bar with evening entertainment. All equipment – skis / boots. Accommodation in shared 4 berth rooms, two single beds and two bunk style beds above; ensuite. After ski refreshments.
Travel: Travel is not included, we book our own. Fly or train. Flights to Grenoble or Geneva and a transfer are possible. Also Eurostar operate direct trains to the area where the resort is. We will not be booking travel for the group but can coordinate flights / transfer so we all book the same one.
The benefits of staying with UCPA:
- Tuition for all abilities (half day or full day)
- Priority at lift queues (when in tuition)
- Ski in ski out
- Vibrant venue
- Authentic modern French experience
- Cheaper than typical hotels and other accommodation at Val Thorens
- Special dispensation for us to stay
The attractions of Val Thorens:
- Huge range of snowsure slopes
- Highest resort in Europe
- Access to the 3-Valleys linked ski areas
- Numerous lively bars and shops in the resort
- Swimming pool and sauna / hamam in resort
Prices offered to us from UCPA:
o Ski or snowboard, full day tuition / coaching 845 euro per person
o Ski or snowboard, half day tuition / coaching 775 euro per person
o Ski or snowboard, no tuition 765 euro per person
PLUS 60 euro to stay Saturday night and have dinner.
Includes accommodation and full board meals, equipment as outlined above. (Not including travel.)
Arrival / departure: normal arrival is Sunday morning but we can stay Saturday night for 60 euro extra. Departure is the following Saturday afternoon (after lunch).