- This event has passed.
Walthamstow Walk (4 miles)
Saturday 11th March @ 9:40 am to 5:00 pm
The details of the walk on Saturday are as follows:
Meet at 9.40am at East Croydon Train Station to take the train to London Victoria.
We will then take the Victoria Line to Walthamstow Ccentral.
It will be a four mile circular, easy walk via:
1) Walthamstow “village” which includes the Vestry House Museum (free), the old town hall, the “ancient” house, the old school, some “historic” alms houses + a couple of local pubs
2) “god’s own junkyard” (free) which is a very qwerky museum of used, new + reclaimed neon signs, salvaged signs, old movie props, retro displays + “all things light” with a nice cafe
3) Walthamstow’s famous “art deco” new town hall completed in 1943
4) William Morris gallery (he lived there as a child + was a founder member of “the “arts + craft” movement along with John Ruskin)
5) Lloyd park (there’s yet another one in London – but this one has a moat !!
6) A pub option near the end at Walthamstow Central tube station.